Best Teeth Whitening – Stains Be Gone in Days!
Depending on the cause for the original discoloration, better teeth whitening will take place at home -great post to read.
Have you ever wondered why your teeth get discolored and stained? If so, have you been curious about the potential responses?
Discoloration of the teeth should not be disregarded, since they can potentially be lightened and a brighter smile can be obtained.
While many factors can stain or discolor teeth, below are the most common reasons:
- Drinking coffee, tea, cola and other fluids that can stain your teeth
- Heredity by Heredity
- Usage of tetracycline (an antibiotic)
- Aging Years
- Overuse of abrasives that can expose the dentin of the teeth and cause serious discoloration
- Overcrowded fluoride
- Old Fillings Old Fillings
Toothpastes that contain whitening agents may reduce surface staining among their ingredients, which is also referred to as extrinsic staining by dental professionals. Intrinsic staining of the teeth will not be altered by whitening toothpastes and skilled teeth cleaning, however. This is the key reason why it has become so popular for teeth whitening or bleaching.
Usually, teeth whiteners are divided into two categories, namely skilled whitening procedures and teeth whiteners based in the home.
In general, professional whitening procedures are conducted in the office of a dentist and require the use of whitening gels that are triggered by laser light.
On the other hand, home-based teeth whiteners can be done by anybody, either between skilled treatments or without any other processes of whitening. Home-based whiteners can consist of whitening kits and whitening devices based on trays, or they can be homemade remedies using ingredients that are culinary and medicinal.
As the name suggests, home-based teeth whitening is generally done at home, in compliance with a plan recommended by dentists and/or the directions for specific products.
As set forth below, tray-based teeth whitening is a four-step procedure.
- The package will contain a tray to be personalized by the individual dentist to fit snugly over the teeth of the individual. An accurate fit is critical.
- Over the tray, the whitening gel used in the package is poured.
- The active component of the gels, carbamide peroxide, breaks down to allow oxygen to penetrate the enamel of the teeth and bleach the discolored areas.
- By this process, the arrangement of the teeth is not changed in any way. Bonding, fillings and crowns on the teeth themselves will not lighten, but discolored areas will.
Some patients concerned about the methods of tray teeth whitening ask the following questions:
Is tray whitening for teeth safe?
Most dental practitioners believe that whitening or bleaching of the tray teeth is a reasonably secure and simple way in just a few days to lighten the teeth by two to five shades.
How does tray whitening vary from other treatments for clinical whitening of teeth?
Several of the professional whitening items that dentists can choose from for use in their professional whitening services are described below. In parentheses, the bleaching laser or light that each object uses follows.